Born in 1984. He graduated as a performer from Codarts Rotterdam in 2010. He has been working as a performer in dance, physical theater, theater shows created by Conny Janssen Danst (NL), Micheal Schumacher (NL), Merkx & De Dansers (NL), Georgh Reischl (NL).Simona Bertozzi (IT),Candoco Dance Company (UK), AlessandroCarboni (IT), Alessandro Schiattarella / BewegGrund (CH), Teatro Della Tosse (IT), Michela Lucenti /Balletto Civile (IT), Angelica Liddell (SP), La Fura Dels Baus (SP), Carl Olof Berg / Spinn (SV), Vahan Badalyan (Armenia) and Diego Tortelli/Aterballetto (IT).
In last past years he has developed his own artistic projects, presenting the performances:
– “It moves me” produced by Nexus and supported by Rete Anticorpi Emilia Romagna, selected at “Vetrina della Giovane Danza d’autore” and and presented in Italy, The Netherlands, South Korea, Portugal and Russia;
– “Giovane Notturno – Solitudine Episodio I” produced by Nexus and supported by Musei Civici di Imola, selected at Vetrina della Giovane Danza d’autore;
– “Talitha Kumi – first study in site specific location” supported by ERT- Emilia Romagna Fondazione and Performazioni Cinetiche;
– “Alexis” co-produced by Nexus and Teatro Comunale di Vicenza;
– “Alexis 2.0” co-produced by Oriente Occidente and Nexus and with the support of Anticorpi – Rete di Festival e Rassegne e Residenze dell’Emilia-Romagna nell’ambito dell’azione supportER, Almastudios Bologna and Versiliadanza;
– “Lampyris Noctiluca” co-produced by ERT Emilia Romagna Teatro Fondazione and Nexus and with the support of Teatri Di Imola, Versiliadanza, Onassis Air and Altriballetti.
His research questions the dimension of identity, the relationship between individual and society and the relationship between nature and human beings.
His main motivations when creating are:
– to bring out points of view that in society are marginalized or stifled by our society and create frictions with the dominant narrative;
– to dissolve boundaries that tend to imprison people through building up granite definitions;
– to give voice to who are not taken usually into consideration;
– from a language point of view he is interested in choreography, hybridized languages, literature and cinema;
– he is interested in site specific location performances.
He is Danzeducatore®. He is engaged in educational dance and community dance projects. His artistic practice often encounters communities of non-professionals in projects aimed at the transmission of body practice, at the exploration of specific themes through choreographic language or hybridized with other language, or aimed at the creation of performative events. He meets intergenerational groups or groups with specific characteristics and age. Depending on the project the methodologhy adopted may be more or less participatory.
Since 2016 he has been creating interdisciplinary and intergenerational communities art projects in site-specific locations like :
– “Dancing like Yves” in collaboration with the visual artist Alberto Venturini and supported by Musei Civici di Imola; “Giovane Notturno – Episodio II – Ai margini del cuore” supported by Musei Civici di Imola; “Free dance all – Mimesi” supported by Musei Civici di Imola and in collaboration with the actress Reina Saracino;
– “Mimesi # 2” supported by Musei Civici di Imola and in the collaboration with the actress Reina Saracino and the filmmaker Marco Carroli;
– “Gestazioni” (performance site specific) commissioned by Wam! Festival in Faenza (It) and in collaboration with the dance students attending Agorà and Beat Ballet private dance schools;
– Since February 2022 he conducts a series of dance workshops addressed to the community of Bologna to bring attention to gender and LGBTQI identity issues. This activity is part of the European Project “Performing Gender – Dancing in your shoes” supported by Gender Bender Festival;
Since 2016 he has taking part at activities tied to different European projects aimed to support artists with disabilities and about accessibility: – “Moving beyond inclusion” with the European partners Festival Oriente Occidente (IT), Candoco Dance Company (GB), Spinn (SE), Tanzfähig (DE), BewegGrund (CH), Center for Movement Research / Hrvatski Institut Za Pokret I Ples Hipp (HR); to the European project
– “Impart” which has an interdisciplinary research approach on the accessibility of performances addressed to audience with sensory deficit and with the European partners Festival Oriente Occidente (Italy), Sommertheater Pusteblume E.V. (Germany), Synergy of Music Theater (Greece), Small Theater (Armenia);
– “Moving Beyond Access” with the European partners Festival Oriente Occidente, British Council (GB), Onassis Cultural Center (GR), Holland Dance Festival (NL), Kampnagel (DE), SkånesDansteater (SE), Per.Art (RS).
In 2020, together with other italian artists with disability, he founded Al. Di. Qua. Artists, a newly formed group leading the way in advocating for accessability, the autonomy and rights of artists and audiences with disability in Italy. For the association he has been working as moderator, consultant and curator.